Last Updated 10.2019
The Below Privacy & Cookies Policy (“Notice” Or “Policy”) Describes How We Collect And Process Your Personal Information Through Our Website, Services And Applications, As Well As Any Other Means In Which You Send Us Your Personal Information In Accordance To Our Terms And Conditions.
In This Notice, ‘Us’ ‘We’ Or ‘Our’ Means Servicenet.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
The below Privacy & Cookies Policy (“Notice” or “Policy”) describes how we collect and process your personal information through our website, services and applications, as well as any other means in which you send us your personal information in accordance to our terms and conditions.
In this Notice, ‘us’ ‘we’ or ‘our’ means Servicenet.
Which personal information do we collect?
Personal information includes the information you willingly provide to us, as well as further assumption/s, opinion/s or information about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- business name including ABN/ ACN numbers;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- your corporate and personal information required for AML and KYC review and documentation (please see our AML policy for additional information);
- any additional information related to you that you provide to us directly through our website, or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence, or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your involvement with us.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website or in person;
- communicate with us through correspondence, email, or when you share information with us in any applicable form;
- other social applications, services or websites; or
- interact with our sites, services, contents and advertisers.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website and other services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize our website, business and our members’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and information requested by you or related to your membership;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users or members, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage different risks or other issues that may be defined by our underwriting team, compliance team, legal team etc.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- our business partners whom we have endorsed to offer relevant supplementary services;
- trusted third parties who also hold other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymized consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalize your experience and enhance the services that you receive;
- our employees;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators;
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorized by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorized or permitted by law.
Does personal information get sent overseas?
We may disclose your personal information to recipients that are located outside our jurisdiction, including to recipients in the United States of America, Europe or other locations where our partners and potential solutions may do business.
Whenever we transfer personal information overseas or outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will act to ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Policy and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
We designed and continue to develop our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer and/or other device used to access your account on our website.
- We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure and we use several physical, administrative and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of, or any content on those linked websites, and have no control over or rights in those linked websites. The privacy policies that apply to those other websites may differ substantially from our Policy, so we encourage individuals to read them before using those websites.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
- You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all your personal information, in this case you shall receive further explanation. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information. If you believe that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to use many of our Services and we will not be able to guarantee our high standards of the services and products we provide and/or assist to obtain from third party providers.
- You can add or modify certain information. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you do not wish to see interest based-ads, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small amount of data which contains information that is downloaded to the computer/ device from which you access our web site and/or platform and/or products and/or other information stored by us for your consumption.
Cookies are useful because they allow us and other websites to recognize your device. They are not programs and cannot be executed as code or to deliver viruses. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. For example, they can allow you to navigate between web pages of our site and remember your preferences such as your language selection as well as your geographic location.
On our site we may use the following five types of Cookies –
- Necessary and Essential Cookies – These are cookies which are essential for our site to operate, such as those which identify you, so you can log into your merchant Account on the Servicenet site. Essential cookies are necessary for the vital functions of our site and financial solutions. If these are disabled, you won’t be able to access the platform or other important parts of the site which allow you to move around our website and use the services you have requested. These cookies will be activated when you enter and use our site.
- Compliance Cookies – These include cookies which are necessary to assist in meeting our regulatory compliance obligations, such as anti-money laundering and anti-fraud obligations, and prevent your Servicenet Account from being hijacked. These cookies will be activated when you enter and use our site.
- Performance Cookies – These are cookies that help us to improve how our site works and to deliver a better service to you. For example, they will assess which pages you visit most often or if you get an error message. They also allow us to see if you have used the site of one of our group or affiliated companies. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies allow us to deliver a more personalized service to you and allow our site to remember choices you have made such as the language you prefer or the region you are in. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as being able to access the different options and tools provided by Servicenet.
- Third Party Cookies – When you visit a page on our site with content embedded from third parties, for example, YouTube, Google or Twitter, cookies may be downloaded onto your device. We do not set or control these cookies. If you are concerned about the types of cookies that may be downloaded, you should check the third-party websites for more information about these cookies.
Further details of the cookies we use and how they relate to the descriptions set out above, can be found in this policy. We may use other cookies from time to time in accordance with this policy.
By using our sites and other online services, you acknowledge that we may use some or all of the cookies set out above, and you agree that we can place Performance and Functionality Cookies on your device when you use our site.
If you do not agree to this, you should cease using our sites and online services or adjust your browser settings.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of our Services as well as for regulatory requirements, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Policy, or as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history and addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products and contents we recommend.
Making a Complaint
If you believe we have breached your privacy or have acted not in accordance to the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time